Kratom is an ancient herb that originates from Southeast Asia. While this herb has widely been used in the Asian culture, it is relatively new to the Western World. There are areas of the United States that have banned the use of kratom. So, you may be wondering, “Is kratom legal in Washington?” Yes, you can buy kratom here without any issues. However, there are a lot of legalities surrounding kratom. Let’s take a closer look at the kratom laws in this state.
Is Kratom Legal In Washington?
You can buy, sell, or possess kratom in Washington without any issues. There is no real history when it comes to kratom in Washington. Many states allow the use of kratom but there are areas within the state that have banned its use, such as Sarasota County in Florida.
Other states, like Vermont, Alabama, Rhode Island, and Indian have banned kratom state-wide. So, if you are caught with kratom in these states you will face criminal charges. This is not the case for Washington. Kratom is legal in all areas, including major cities such as Seattle, Olympia, Spokane, Tacoma, and Everett.
You must follow the laws in your state, as you do not want to use kratom illegally. Be sure to check back here as we will update our blogs when there have been changes to state laws.
Legalities Of Kratom In Washington
Kratom has a history of being known for its legal battles across the United States. However, Washington is one of those states that have not made a lot of fuss when it comes to kratom. There have been no real talks of banning kratom in this state, and lawmakers leave it up to their citizens.
So, no news is good news in this case. There are no new bills and pending legislation in Washington. The state has never tried to place it on a controlled substance list. Kratom users in this state are hopeful that at some point lawmakers will take the time to regulate the industry and adopt the Kratom Consumer Protection Act.
Classification Of Kratom In Washington
Washington is one of the few states that have not made too much noise when it comes to kratom. There has never been any mention of classifying kratom in this state. So, this means you will not find it on the controlled substance list among other dangerous drugs. This is a good thing, and the kratom community hopes that Washington will end up regulating the industry rather than ever posing a ban. This can be done with the adoption of the Kratom Consumer Protection Act.
American Kratom Association
The American Kratom Association is the main advocacy group for kratom across the United States. They have been very successful in offering their support when legislation aimed to ban kratom.
This group has also been responsible for designing the Kratom Consumer protection Act and providing vendors with GMP protocols. The KCPA will help regulate the industry and address several issues such as age restrictions.
To become a part of the American Kratom Association you must comply with their rigorous GMP regulations. We are a part of the AKA and adhere to all GMP regulations. These practices help us provide you with exceptional products that no other vendor can supply.
To learn more about the AKA and their active efforts make sure to check out their website.
The Kratom Consumer Protection Act
The Kratom Consumer Protection Act was designed to help regulate the kratom industry. This act will address issues such as:
- Clearly labeled ingredients
- That the sale or transfer possession of any kratom to another person under 18 years of age is prohibited
- The amount of mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine contained in the product be listed
- The amount of mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine contained in the packaging be listed
- The common or usual name of each ingredient used in the manufacture of the kratom product, listed in descending order of predominance
- The name and the principal mailing address of the manufacturer or the person responsible for distributing the kratom product
- Clear and adequate directions for the consumption of kratom the product necessary for its safe and effective use
- Any precautionary statements as to the safety and effectiveness of the kratom product
The American Kratom Association is working hard to get all states to adopt this act. After all, this will help regulate the industry and help stop kratom bans across the nation.
Is Kratom Popular In Washington
There is a home for kratom in Washington. You will find it in many local shops across the state including vape shops, smoke shops, and specialty shops. Kratom is one of those herbs that doesn’t get a lot of press in Washington, so it is not as prominent in this state like it is in others.
Will Washington Ban Kratom?
There are no talks of Washington placing a ban on kratom. It is more than likely that they would be open to adopting the Kratom Consumer Protection Act rather than choosing to place this herb on a controlled substance list. This is a good thing for both lawmakers and citizens. However, there has been little talk about any type of movement for kratom in this state. So, you will need to check-in and watch the laws here to make sure that they do not suddenly change.
Buying And Shipping Kratom
Buying kratom locally is ideal for some users, but a lot of people prefer to go through an online vendor. This is because online vendors offer better pricing and a larger list of strains to choose from.
Others are willing to give an online vendor a try but are worried about the legalities of kratom and shipping. Every state has its own way of dealing with kratom and no vendor will ship to an address where kratom is banned.
It is the final destination that matters the most when it comes to shipping. So, your packages can go through many different areas throughout the nation and arrive at you without any issues as long as the address it is being delivered to allows kratom.
Where Can You Buy Kratom in Washington?
Are you looking to buy legal kratom locally? There are many vape shops, smoke shops, and specialty shops. Here are just a few spots that you can try when in Washington.
- Finding high-quality Gold Maeng Da Kratom Is Not Easy. Check out Oasis Kratom's pure and organic products that are third-party lap tested.$15.00 – $325.00 Select options
- Looking to buy 100% pure gold bali kratom online at affordable prices? oasis kratom offers aka and gmp verified products starting at $15. shop now!$15.00 – $325.00 Select options
- Green Malay Kratom comes from the forests that are found within Malaysia’s mountainous countryside. Lab Tested - Money Back Guarantee!$15.00 – $325.00 Select options
Seattle Organics Kratom Shop
- Location: 13754 Aurora Ave N # A, Seattle, WA 98133
- Phone: (206) 880-5910
- Hours: Monday – Saturday 10 to 8
- Location: 1501 #404 LL, Seattle, WA 98101
- Phone: (206) 623-2698
- Hours: Call for hours
- Location: 1556 E Olive Way, Seattle, WA 98101
- Phone: (206) 323-4659
- Hours: Every day 10 to 12
Hotbox Smoke Shop
- Location: 2100 N Northgate Way, Seattle, WA 98133
- Phone: (206) 257-5673
- Hours: Everyday 9:30 to 10
- Location: 11726 Aurora Ave N, Seattle, WA 98133
- Phone: (206) 361-7127
- Hours: Every day 8 to 8
Buying Kratom From An Online Vendor
Like anything else that you buy online you want to make sure that you do your homework. Kratom is not a regulated industry and you want to make sure that you are buying from a trusted vendor. Here are a few tips to help you out.
- Check to make sure the vendor is registered with the American Kratom Association.
- Be sure that the vendor offers lab testing on their products.
- Check reviews on third-party sites such as Trust Pilot, Google, and Yelp.
- Be sure that you can easily communicate with the vendor when you need to.
Oasis Kratom is a proud member of the American Kratom Association. We adhere to all GMP regulations which allow us to offer you the highest quality products on the market. Each kratom lot is tested 9+ times for salmonella, E. coli, staph, yeast, mold, and to confirm its 100% all-natural Mitragyna Speciosa. Visit our Lab Test page to learn more about our quality assurance measures or to request a copy of our most recent lab test results.
Be sure to explore our wide range of kratom powders and capsules. If you have any questions please let us know. We hope that this blog has answered your question, “Is kratom legal in Washington?” To find out about the kratom laws of other states check out our legality page.