If you are an avid user you may be wondering how to get live kratom plants (Mitragyna speciosa). This is a good question since all kratom is native to Southeast Asia. However, there are a few companies that do offer live kratom plants. Let’s take a closer look at your options and how you can order these plants.
Understanding Kratom Plants
Live kratom plants, also known as Mitragyna speciosa, are a bit different than going into your local smoke shop and picking up your favorite strain. When it comes to plants the word “strains” is misleading. When you are shopping for a kratom plant you will notice that they are labeled by unique phenotypes.
What is a phenotype? These are the genetic characteristics of the plant that can physically be seen. So, with Indonesian clones, you will be able to see that they have a deep crimson red vein. You would base your choice on the look of the plant rather than a strain name.
One of the most important aspects of buying a kratom plant is to ensure that you are purchasing from a company that only offers plants that are healthy and strong. Clones that are grown outside of tropical climates will give you the best chance at success. It will make it a lot less stressful for the plant to transition from the supplier to your home. So, find a company that offers this type of plant.
When it comes to buying live kratom plants there are two different types to choose from. You can choose a kratom plant that has been grown from a seed, or what is known as a clone. Clones will hold the same characteristics that the host plant did. This includes its maturity levels. While a seed-grown plant can possess completely different characteristics from its host plant. So, buying seed-grown plants is more of a gamble. At least with clones, you know exactly what you are getting.
Seed-grown kratom is often preferred by those who are looking for something unique. Clones are typically propagated because they hold the characteristics that kratom users are looking for. This allows the average kratom user to buy a clone and know they are getting a high-quality plant.
You want to make sure that the vendor you are buying from works directly with kratom farmers in Southeast Asia. This will ensure that you are getting a plant that will provide you with the highest rate of success.
Kratom clones tend to be the way to go as they are a direct extension of the host plant. You know what you are getting, and this can be the biggest downfall of going with seed-grown plants.
Clones will possess the maturity of the host plant. This means they will be available for harvest way before a seed-grown plant would be. Clones are also able to adapt to lower humidity and drought better than those that have been babied. Many people think that kratom needs a swampy and humid environment to grow. However, this is not true. Clones can adapt to their surroundings whereas seed-grown kratom will have a harder time.
Be aware that these plants can grow as tall as growing as tall as 100 feet (30.5 m.) in height. So, you want to make sure you have enough room for these trees to flourish once they mature. Otherwise, all of your efforts will be wasted.
4 Vendors Who Offer Live Kratom Plants
If you are interested in growing your own kratom plants, then you have come to the right place. We aim to offer you all the information to help you get started. There are a few vendors that you can go through to purchase kratom plants. We will list them here as well as some of their highlights.
This company offers live-rooted kratom plants. However, they only offer them between spring and fall. So, this makes their supply limited compared to other companies. They have rooted plants that are shipped in small containers. Allowing you to transplant the kratom plant to your own garden. Kratom Eye also offers cuttings. Cuttings will range between 2 to 6 inches and it will all depend on what is available at the time to cut from.
From what we can gather, this company offers kratom clones year around. They also offer seed-grown kratom, which may be a good option for some users. This company is all about ensuring you have success with your kratom plant. They have many guides that can give you tips to help you grow your kratom. Bounty Botanicals also have a large variety of plants to choose from which includes Hulu Kapuas, Malay, Indonesia, and Borneo.
My Tree Of Life does things a little differently than other companies. Their rooted cuttings are grown until they produce a large mat of roots, and they are left to grow for a few more weeks in soil. This allows their kratom plants to reach 8 to 12 inches in height. Meaning you will be receiving a plant that is established and ready to be planted in the ground. This gives you the best chance at successfully growing kratom in your garden. When purchasing from My Tree of Life you are certain to get a plant that is healthy and strong.
#4 Star Botanicals
Star Botanicals is a small operation when it comes to kratom plants. However, they do have some options for you to choose from. They state that their plants are healthy and strong. However, they do not give much background on their plants.
Tip For Sourcing The Best Kratom Plant Vendors
There are several things you want to look at before purchasing a live kratom plant. You want to purchase a high-quality plant that will have the best chance of success. Here are some other things you should keep in mind when buying a live kratom plant.
- Selection – Look at the selection that is being offered. Do they offer live plants and seeds? What about clones and seed-grown plants? You want to work with a vendor that gives you options.
- Pricing – Be sure to look at industry pricing on live kratom plants. You want to make sure you are getting a quality plant at a good price. While pricing is not everything, you do not want to pay more than you have to.
- Shipping – Check out the available shipping options. No one wants to wait for extended periods of time to get their kratom plants. So, work with vendors who can ship out shortly after your order.
- Customer Service – Interact with the company to see how quickly they are to answer your questions. If a company takes several days to get back to you, then you may want to find a new vendor to work with.
- Guarantee – You want to work with a company that stands behind its products. Look for a guarantee policy that will protect your purchase. If a plant arrives destroyed there should be some type of policy in place.
4 Reasons Why You May Want To Grow A Live Kratom Plant
There are many reasons why a person may want to grow kratom. Specifically, if you are an avid user it can help you save some money. Here are some other reasons why you may want to consider growing your own kratom.
- Harvest In First Year – When you buy a clone you are likely to have a kratom harvest the first season. A small clone can shoot up very quickly.
- Easy To Grow – Growing kratom does not have to be difficult. Although you are growing it outside of its natural habitat, purchasing clones will give you the best chance at success. Kratom clones are produced to make growing kratom a breeze.
- Self Sufficient – You will be able to have fresh kratom available to you right in your backyard. This means you will not have to rely on vendors who may provide you with subpar products.
- The Experience – Growing kratom can be very rewarding. Imagine being able to tell your friends you were able to grow a kratom clone that came from Southeast Asia.
If growing live kratom plants do not interest you, then you can buy your stash right here on our website. We offer the highest quality kratom powders and capsules. We hope this blog has answered the question, “How To Get Live Kratom Plants?” If you have any other questions about our product please reach out to us. We would love to become the only kratom vendor that you need.
- Ultimate Guide For Kratom Cuttings
- Everything You Need To Know About Kratom Seedlings
- Understanding Kratom Growing Zones and Regions