One of the most infamous strains of kratom is Maeng Da. This strain is well known for its robust alkaloids and high potency levels. Kratom enthusiasts tend to go for Maeng Da kratom because it provides the overall wellness support that they are seeking. In this guide, we will discuss the origins of Maeng Da kratom and everything else you need to know about this strain.
What is Kratom?
To understand Maeng Da you must first understand kratom as a whole. Kratom originates from Southeast Asia. It naturally grows here along river banks and in the forest. Once the leaves of the Mitragyna speciosa trees hit the right maturity levels they will be harvested by kratom farmers. They will then undergo a drying process and be crushed into a powder. This powder is then sold on the market or can be used to create other kratom products including extracts and capsules.
Kratom comes in many different strains and vein colors. Vein varies including red vein, green vein, yellow vein, and white vein. The list of strains is long but one of the most commonly known varieties of kratom is Maeng Da. Maeng Da originates from Thailand and people there considered it to be a delicacy.
Kratom is an herb that is not highly regulated. It is a controversial herb and there are many areas throughout the United States where it is banned. Before taking any new supplements, it is important that you check with your family doctor. They are the only ones who can make recommendations when it comes to kratom. Before making a purchase just be certain that kratom is legal in your area and it is right for you.
Perfectly Measured and Tasty! Check out our newest products!
Ships week of 11/21/22
Origins Of Maeng Da Kratom
A lot of kratom strains will bear the name of their native country. Maeng Da is not one of them. This strain originally came from Thailand. However, it now comes from various parts of Southeast Asia.
Thailand is the perfect location to find high-quality kratom. The soil is rich, the air is moist, and there’s no shortage of forest for the trees to grow in. The word Maeng Da translates to pimp grade. This gives you the impression that it is a very robust strain.
Kratom contains a number of alkaloids, which include Mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine. These alkaloids work with receptors in the body. It is highly important that you consult your general practitioner before kratom use. They are the only ones that can offer you advice on kratom and if it is right for you.
Potency is what drives kratom users towards Maeng Da. Red Maeng Da is known as one of the most potent forms of kratom. It is not a great strain for those who have never tried kratom before.
Maeng Da is also sometimes called MD. It is one of the most popular strains both in Asian culture and throughout the United States. You will find that most exported Maeng Da Kratom comes from Indonesia and Malaysia. However, Thailand still produces the most potent forms of Maeng Da as the weather is perfect for growing kratom.
Harvesting Maeng Da Kratom
On the contrary to what everyone may think, all the various vein colors will grow on one tree. So, you would not have different trees for Green or Red Maeng Da. Harvesting takes place at various times in the leaf’s life cycle.
Kratom comes in various vein colors which include red, green, white, and yellow. The various vein colors will differ in the alkaloid content. Red vein kratom is the most mature form of kratom. All red vein kratom will contain high concentrations of alkaloids and be very potent. White vein kratom is the youngest form of kratom and is well received by those seeking gentler support.
Green vein kratom is in between red and white. It is the perfect blend for those who feel white is too subtle and red is too harsh. Yellow vein kratom does not naturally occur. When harvested yellow vein kratom will be a different color. It will undergo a specialized fermentation and drying process. This results in the vein turning a goldish hue.
The leaves are gently plucked from the trees so that the plant itself is not damaged. The kratom industry is very lucrative in both Asia and America. Most of the exporting is done from Indonesia. There are parts of Asia that have outlawed kratom, including Malaysia. You will find that a lot of strains that used to come from Malaysia now come from surrounding areas.
The drying process is very important to the harvesting of Maeng Da. Extended drying times, allow the alkaloids to reach high levels of potency. Farmers will carefully monitor their drying kratom to ensure that they reach optimal levels of potency and quality. Farmers also want to ensure that the alkaloids reach their maximum maturity levels before being crushed into a powder.
Once the leaves are crushed into a powder, they will be stored in airtight packaging. This protects the powder from contaminates and oxidation. When kratom is exposed to the air for extended periods it can cause it to lose its potency levels.
Samples at a discounted price! Fast Shipping
Types Of Maeng Da Kratom
Maeng Da is offered in all vein colors. You will also notice it being offered in various forms. This means that there is a Maeng Da strain to suit everyone’s needs.
- Red Maeng Da Kratom Powder – This type of kratom comes from the most mature leaves. Red Maeng Da is the most popular form of kratom on the market. It contains high concentrations of 7-hydroxymitragynine.
- White Maeng Da Kratom Powder – This kratom strain is created using young leaves. It provides more subtle support and is known for its high levels of mitragynine alkaloids.
- Green Maeng Da Kratom Powder – This strain is made from leaves that are midway through their life cycle. It is a good mix between white and red. It has equal amounts of mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine, which provides balance support.
- Trainwreck Kratom Powder – This form of kratom is a mix of various kratom strains with Maeng Da being the most potent and prominent. It provides a well-rounded kratom strain. Trainwreck Kratom is not offered by all vendors. However, you can get yours here on Oasis Kratom.
- Plantation Red Maeng Da Kratom Powder – This is an enhanced form of Red Maeng Da. This form of kratom is grown in a controlled environment where it is easy for kratom farmers to monitor it. It is rich in mitraphylline, mitragynine, and 7-hydroxymitragynine.
- Gold Maeng Da Kratom Powder – Gold vein kratom is created through a specialized drying and fermentation process. It does not occur naturally. However, it is a rarity in the kratom industry, which makes it highly sought after.
Maeng Da tends to be a popular choice when it comes to mixing strains. Some people want a bit of the potency but want it to be more subtle. This is the reason why you will find a lot of strains in the kratom market are hybrids of standard strains such as Maeng Da.
Forms Of Maeng Da Kratom
Kratom, as you know, comes in various forms. You will find that most vendors will offer Maeng Da in powder and capsules. However, you should also be able to find this strain in other forms including extracts, tinctures, and teas. Be cautious when exploring kratom products. The industry is not highly regulated which leaves room for new products to be produced that are fake. You always want to make sure that you are purchasing kratom that is 100% all-natural Mitragyna speciosa.
Which Kratom Has The Most Alkaloids?
The alkaloid content in kratom leaves can vary, depending on a variety of different factors. These factors include geographical location, time of year, and time of harvest. Even species of the same kratom trees can have varying levels of alkaloids. This may be due to the dry and rainy seasons or when the leaves were last harvested from that tree.
- Mitragynine. The main alkaloid that can be found in the kratom leaf is mitragynine. Mitragynine is regarded as an analgesic.
- Paynantheine. Another alkaloid found in kratom is paynantheine. Limited research has been conducted on this alkaloid.
- Speciogynine. This alkaloid is found in kratom and is the third most abundant.
- 7-hydroxy mitragynine. This alkaloid possesses similar properties to that of mitragynine. However, this is found in much smaller amounts within the kratom leaf.
- Ajmalicine. This alkaloid is antiaggregant and anti-adrenergic.
Is Kratom Legal?
While kratom is considered federally legal in the United States, certain states have heavy restrictions on the plant or have deemed it illegal. The DEA currently is having continued debates on the legalities surrounding kratom. In years past, the DEA has classified kratom as a “substance of concern” due to confusion surrounding alkaloid and a lack of research. While a majority of states now classify kratom as a food product, there are still some states that impose legal restrictions on the product. You can find out more about kratom vendors by visiting our blog.
Buying Quality Maeng Da Kratom
Be sure that you do your homework when it comes to buying kratom. You want to get quality kratom that is free of contaminants. Go with companies that offer lab testing on their products. Here at Oasis Kratom, we are a part of the American Kratom Association. As a part of this organization, we adhere to all GMP protocols. This allows us to offer the highest quality kratom on the market. If you ever have any questions just let us know.