Kratom is not an herb that is well received all over the world. This herb has gained a lot of negative press. This is mainly due to the lack of scientific research to prove the value of kratom. However, this herb is not back by the FDA and cannot be recommended by anyone except your family physician.
There is a ton of legalities that surround kratom. The reason behind this is mainly because it is misunderstood due to the lack of research. With time, more research will be conducted on kratom and the legal issues that surround this herb will eventually come to a halt.
You may notice that in our articles we always tell you that you have to consult your general practitioner before purchasing kratom. This is because they know your past and present medical history, and will be able to determine if kratom is a right fit for you.
However, do not be surprised if you make a doctor’s appointment and go in to find out that your doctor knows nothing about this herb. There are hundreds of herbs on the market that are not currently regulated by the FDA. Medical physicians also stay away from recommending herbs. So, you may encounter some issues when trying to discuss kratom with your physician.
Why Do I Need To Discuss Kratom With My Doctor?
Any time you decide to try a new herb or supplement you need to consult with your physician. You need to be able to openly talk to your doctor about these products because they could affect current medications that you are on or even cause interactions with current medical conditions that you have.
A medical physician is legally the only one who can recommend kratom strains and dosing. You will notice when you order kratom there are no instructions when it comes to dosing. This is because there are legalities that state that kratom cannot be marketed for medical use. Therefore, if you are going to indulge in kratom, you have to make sure that it is right for you. Otherwise, there could be issues.
Discussing kratom with your doctor will open the gateway for you to talk to them about anything. While most doctors do not turn to alternative medicine, they can tell you the benefits and downfalls that herbs like kratom may have.
If your doctor is not familiar with kratom, they will more than likely take the time to become more versed in this herb after talking with you. We cannot express enough how important it is to discuss with your physician before you purchase kratom.
It is important that you take supplements and herbs that will provide you with the wellness support that you are looking for. Kratom is not suitable for everyone, and only your doctor can make that determination on rather or not kratom is a product you should try.
Opening your doctor’s eyes to kratom can help bring awareness to this herb. It can also benefit the kratom community as a whole. Getting enough medical physicians interested in kratom and what it can offer may lead to additional research for this industry.
So, talking to your doctor will be important for a few reasons.
- It brings awareness to kratom and could help improve the available scientific research. Organizations like the American Kratom Association are always working towards bringing more valuable research to light. This scientific research will help improve the industry and also all the legal issues that kratom currently has.
- Humans are complex beings, and just because your friend or a family member has used kratom and seen success does not mean that kratom is right for you. Kratom may not be the solution you are seeking and this is why you must seek advice from your doctor.
- If your doctor is highly versed in kratom they will be able to make recommendations of strains and also advise you on dosing. If they are not, then it may be enough of a conversation to get them interested and help them learn more about this alternative solution.
Questions About Kratom That You Can Discuss With Your Doctor
Maybe you are new to kratom or perhaps you have been using it for a while and decided it’s time to talk to your doctor about this herb. First off, we cannot stress enough that before you even place an order you should make an appointment with your physician. Here we will go over some of the questions you can talk about during your appointment.
The main thing is, you need to know why you want to try kratom. Your doctor may have alternative solutions for you to try out as well. Go into your meeting with an open mind and know that the advice your physician gives you will be based on science and medicine. They understand your body and know what type of supplements would be good for you.
You never want to purchase kratom if you are on medications or have specific medical conditions that you are doctoring for. This is why you must speak with your doctor about kratom. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding you should never buy kratom without first consulting your doctor. You want to be certain that it will be safe for you and your child.
Here are just some of the questions you may want to go over with your physician.
- Are there any safety concerns about kratom that I should be aware of?
- How can kratom affect the body?
- Are there any side effects with kratom that I should be aware of?
- Is kratom addictive?
- What are the benefits of kratom?
- When is the best time to take kratom?
- What dosage do I need to take?
- What strain of kratom should I try?
- Is it safe to drive when using kratom?
- Are you able to operate machinery while on kratom?
- Will kratom interact with any other medications that I am currently taking?
- Can kratom affect or worsen my allergies?
- Is kratom safe to take while you are pregnant?
- Can kratom be used when breastfeeding?
- Can kratom give me energy?
- Will kratom help with pain?
- What are some alternatives to kratom?
- Will kratom help me focus?
- Are there any health risks to be aware of?
- How can I take kratom?
- Where should I look to get more information about kratom?
- Could kratom cause me to fail a drug test?
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
We asked that you see your physician before you purchase from our website. This will help you better understand kratom and also determine if this herb is right for you. The market is flooded with alternative medicine solutions, but you should never perceive them as safe. It all comes down to having good communication with your doctor. You want to be able to discuss anything with them so that you can live your best life. Kratom is no exception to that rule.